By enabling Inventory in Regions for your Cloud Account, the Valtix Controller will continuously discover cloud assets. To view the discovered assets, navigate to Discover or Manage -> Inventory. The default views show the discovered assets for all Cloud Accounts. To filter to a specific Cloud Account, use the Select Account to specify a particular Cloud Account and view discovered assets for the selected Cloud Account.
The discovered asset categories and what they refer to are as follows:
- Security Groups - AWS Security Groups (SGs) and Azure Network Security Groups (NSGs)
- Network ACL - AWS Network Access Control Lists (NACLs)
- Route Tables
- Network Interfaces
- VPCs/VNets - AWS VPCs, Azure VNets and GCP VPCs
- Applications - Applications are identified by AWS Application Load Balancers (ALBs)
- Load Balancers
- Instances - AWS Instances, Azure Virtual Machines and GCP Compute Instances
- Tags - AWS Tags, Azure Tags and GCP Labels
- Certificates - AWS Certificates Manager (ACM) certificates
Under the Applications section of Inventory, there are three (3) filter buttons: Known Tags, Tags, and Applications. Within Applications, users can invoke a workflow to create and apply protection for the specific application.
Known Tags shows applications identified by Application Load Balancers in your cloud account that the Administrator has identified by a known tag. These known tags are specified in the Settings -> Management -> Account -> Application Tags.
Link for more information on how to configure Application Tags.
Tags shows all applications identified by Application Load Balancers with fields showing the tag keys and tag values and whether these applications are secured by Valtix Gateways.
Application shows all Load Balancers and API Gateways for the Cloud accounts.