By enabling Inventory in Regions for your Cloud Service Provider account, the Valtix Controller will continuously discover the cloud assets. You can view a consolidated view of these discovered assets by navigating to Managed -> Inventory and filter by specific Accounts using the Select Account dropdown. The view with All Accoounts displays a normalized view of all the discovered assets across your Cloud Service Provider accounts.
The discovered assets will sort your Cloud assets by resource types:
- Applications - applications are identified by Application Load Balancers discovered in the account
- VPCs/VNets - AWS VPC, Azure VNet and GCP VPC
- Security Groups - AWS Security Groups and Azure Network Security Groups. There is no concept of Security Groups in GCP
- Load Balancers
- Instances - AWS Instances, Azure Virtual Machines and GCP Compute Instances
- Network Interfaces
- Tags - AWS Tags, Azure Tags and GCP Labels
In Discovered Assets in the Applications option, there are three (3) filter buttons Known Tags,Tags, and Applications. Within each of these options, Valtix Administrators can review whether applications are secured by Valtix and also provide workflow to create rules to secure the application.
Known Tags shows applications identified by Application Load Balancers in your cloud account that the Administrator has identified by a known tag. These known tags are specified in the Settings -> Management -> Account -> Application Tags.
Link for more information on how to configure Application Tags.
Tags shows all applications identified by Application Load Balancers with fields showing the tag keys and tag values and whether these applications are secured by Valtix Gateways.
Application shows all Load Balancers and API Gateways for the Cloud accounts.