Add AWS Account¶
Once you prepared the AWS account as described in the previous sections, you can link that Cloud account to the Valtix Controller.
Add Cloud account¶
- Login to the Valtix Dashboard using the credentials provided by Valtix
- Once logged in, you will see different tabs at the top header. Click Manage tab
- On the left panel, you'll see many functional links. Click Cloud Accounts -> Accounts
Click Add Account. This will walk you through steps on how to link AWS Account to Valtix Controller.
- Select the account platform. Upon selecting account type, new fields will appear base on the account type selected.
Parameter Description Sample Value Account Type Cloud platform: AWS, Azure, GCP AWS AWS Account Name Name your account. This name will be used to reference the AWS account in Valtix Controller. AWS_Tutorial AWS Account Number This value can be found in the outputs of the CFT stack created. The parameter name would be CurrentAccount Look at output tab of CFT AWS IAM Role (ARN) This is IAM role created for Valtix Controller. Look for the output value
ValtixControllerRoleArnin CFT stack.
Look at output tab of CFT External ID This value is a random value that is used to provide trust relation on IAM role. This value needs to match the value that you provided in Valtix Controller role IAM role created. In CFT, the default was
123456789, but it is recommended to update this change instead of using the default. This fill is pre-populated with a random string which you can use to update IAM role External ID. To update the External ID on AWS IAM role, please see section: Edit IAM role on AWS console.
Use random string
Valtix Controller takes a few seconds to read the external ID. If external ID was updated on AWS IAM role, you may receive an error upon clicking Save. Please retry and click on Save after a few seconds.
Edit the IAM role on AWS Console¶
- On AWS console edit the IAM Role
valtixcontrollerrole(Default name created by CF unless you override with a different prefix)
- Under Trust relationships tab, click Edit trust relationship
123456789with the External ID shown on the Valtix Dashboard UI.
- Click on Update Trust Policy