Valtix can integrate with your Enterprise Single Sign-On (SSO) using Okta. This guide provides instructions on how to configure Okta for use with Valtix Controller.
- Create a new App in Okta with Platform as Web and Sign on method as SAML 2.0 and click Create
- Enter the name of the application (e.g Valtix) in the general settings and click Next
- Enter the following field data which will be provided by Valtix:
- Valtix will provide valtix-account-name and auth-tenant-name in the following lines
- Single signon URL: https://auth.vtxsecurityservices.com/login/callback?connection=<valtix-account-name>
- Audience URI: urn:auth0:<auth-tenant-name>:<valtix-account-name>
- In the attribute statements enter the following and click Next.
- Click Next and then Finish
- After clicking Finish you will be redirected to the newly created App settings page. In the Sign On tab please click on View Setup Instruction
- In the setup instruction page please note down Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL and download the certificate. These are required to configure SAML connection on the Valtix side. Please send this information to your Valtix contact.
- Now create the following groups in Okta and assign them the newly created app.
- NOTE: Do not add users directly to the app, add them only through group (group name has to start with valtix_)
- Assign the newly created groups to the Application
- Optional - Use this icon for the app added to the Okta