Valtix controller is integrated with Multi-Factor Authentication for an extra layer of security during authentication. Any type of user that is created can be enabled/disabled/reset for MFA.
Copy the recovery code and keep it somewhere safe. You’ll need it if you ever need to log in without your device.
As a best practice, it is highly recommended to change the password on initial login and to use strong passwords.
- A newly created user with MFA enabled logs in to Valtix controller for the first time see a QR Code. To setup MFA the user needs to Scan the QR Code with Google Authenticator or a preferred Authenticator app and then enter the provided one-time code.
- Subsequent log ins the user can choose to get the one-time code by clicking "Try another method", which display one of the following ways
- Google Authenticator or similar
- Recovery Code
- In case the user uses the 'Recovery Code' the Valtix controller display another 'Recovery Code' for future use
- If the user don't have access to any of the above, then the user can't login
- Admin Super and Admin RW can reset/enable/disable MFA of the users.